Subject: Re: [Leica] Anodized finish BUBBLING up
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 12:00:52 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 20/02/00 16:27:06 Paris, Madrid,
justinguariglia@yahoo.com a écrit :

<< Hi,

 I have an important question regarding the LEICA M Black body and lens
 anodized finishes.

 I've recently noticed my anodized finishes beginning to bubble. With two of
 my lenses, the bubbles are actually getting bumped into or scraped against
 (while working) and as a result, are popping open, like a paint bubble, to
 reveal the raw chrome metal below.

 (Note: All of the bubbles are roughly the size of pin points, some smaller
 some smaller)

 I dropped into LEICA-USA a few months ago, and they were of little help.
 They told me they would need to replace the parts.

 They also blamed the sub-tropical conditions I occasionally work in (as I'm
 based in Asia) as being part of the problem...

 Has anyone ever heard of such problems, and if so, what is the cause? and
 can the process be reversed or prevented?

 Somehow, I don't think Lemon Oil will do the trick.

 many thanks,

 Justin

Hi Justin . I 've got the very same pb on my M6 . It appears to be located
right under the shutter lever . I didn't mention these bubbles on the LUG
before because they don't seem abnormal in regard to the treatment I offered
to the camera.
I've spent the last 16 years overseas in quite damp areas : Eastern Africa
for most of the time . Over there the humidity often goes to 90% and I'm sure
what we see here is simply corrosion .On the other hand , in these areas,
I've always kept my cameras with the lens off when not in use ( when I sleep
...) and never had any other problem .
Regards .
Jo GOODTIMES