Subject: Re: [Leica] Quality of the 5cm f1.5 Summarit (and the earlier Xenon)
From: Stephen Holloway <stephen.holloway@balcab.ch>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:16:08 +0100

Mike Durling wrote:

> Stephen:
>
> Nice Pictures!  That lens looks pretty good, at least at screen resolution.
> The look is very much like I have been getting with the 50/2 Summitar.  Were
> any of them taken wide open or at F-2?  some look like they were stopped
> down a bit.

Thanks a lot. As far as I can remember it's:

Feb 1 - 1.5
Feb 2 - 1.5
Feb 3 - 2.0
Feb 4 - 2.0
Feb 5 - 2.8
Feb 6 - 1.5
Feb 7 - 2.8
Feb 8 - 1.5
Feb 9 - 1.5
Feb 10 - 1.5 or 2.0
Feb 11 - 1.5
Feb 12 - 2.8 or 4.0
Feb 13 - 2.0 or 2.8
Feb 14 - 1.5 or 2.0
Feb 15 - 2.8
Feb 16 - 2.0
Feb 17 - 2.0

Noctilux from here on,
Feb 18 - 1.0
Feb 19 - 2.0 or 2.8
Feb 20 - 1.0 or 1.4 (I think 1.0 from the vignetting)

I don't normally note the aperture used. But generally only close down
when there's too much light for 1/1000 sec.

- --
Stephen Holloway
http://www.deepturtle.ch/steve/photos