Subject: Re: [Leica] The M3 Rules
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:45:59 EST

In a message dated 2/21/00 9:23:11 AM Central Standard Time,
hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se writes:

<< I will not argue about the film loading system, I will just say that
somehow you get used to the old ways too, and I have never mis-loaded any
single M2-M3 roll for more than 25 years. That is some statistics!

 Hans

If you will go back several weeks on the LUG you will find a number of M-6
users who were having trouble with loading and lost pictures because the M-6
did not have a positive loading system.

The M-3 very definitely has a positive loading system that greatly reduces
the risk of the winder lever being stroked but the film not advancing since
it was not automatically picked up.

The M-3 is still my favorite and with an incident meter in hand, it is a true
dream.

Don R.