Subject: Re: [Leica] The M3 Rules
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:56:34 -0700

Hans,

I think the M3 is a great camera but when all is said and done, it's not
a cheapie! Only once have I encountered a totally overhauled M3 for
under $1K and I'm really sorry I didn't buy it. The way I figure it, a
$700 M3 with original shutter curtains is probably really a $1000 M3,
and if the rangefinder's kind of dim, we're in used M6 territory. The
advantage with the M6 is that it's very unlikely to need new shutter
curtains or RF assembly.

That said, I'm not going to even try to rationalize why I am sinking
$350 to totally freshen up a IIIf RD (pretty, but not mint, and not a
self-timer model) except that I think it's an especially classy camera.
- --

Jeff
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado