Subject: [Leica] 35 f/1.4 ASPH vs 35 f/2 ASPH
From: crispinv@uclink4.berkeley.edu
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 13:30:51 -0800

Hey all,
I'm in the market for a new 35mm lens.  So my question is: whats the
difference between the leica 35 f/1.4 ASPH and the 35 f/2 ASPH, besides
a stop and about $800?  Besides giving me an edge in low-light
situations (which would in fact come in useful) does the 1.4 give me
better performance at all stops?  I guess i can (sorta) afford either
one, but I'd really like one of those 75mm f/1.4 lenses too, so any
money i can save now goes into that fund.
Thanks,
Crispin