Subject: Re: [Leica] Early 35/1.4 ASPH...
From: crispinv@uclink4.berkeley.edu
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:56:54 -0800

He he . .
my goodness.
I woke up too early, and read this, and my heart went pitter patter, because, dear Leica users, that was THE lens i
had picked off ebay and received in the mail not just two days ago.  Now i was on the lug for the last spat of
early 35/1.4 Aspherical debate, and i was pretty sure that they all came in black, and that they had aspherical
written on them, rather than ASPH, but for a second i thought that i had chanced on a remarkable windfall.  So I
looked at it again, more closely (and believe me, I've been looking at this lens alot over the past few days) and
assured myself that it wasn't, and then the other posts started rolling in to confirm this.  Ah well.
As for the lens, its beautiful, feels great, shot a couple of rolls of film with it, but haven't gotten around to
developing them yet.  I was concerned about the size beforehand, because that seemed to be one of the points
brought against it on this list, but it fits and handles perfectly.  I'd only handled the black version of the lens
before, and the sliver/chrome really is noticeably heavier . . . (so when i drop it, will the more solid mount save
it from damage? or will the greater force when it hits the ground destroy it completely?).
Anyway.  Im happy.  Tho with that extra $1600 . . . could pick up a good part of that 75/1.4 . . .
Happy shootin',
Crispin