Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital B&W
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:54:21 -0800

Roy Feldman wrote:

> >Does anyone here have opinions/advice/tips on using the MIS
> six-tone black ink set, or any alternative ink or technique suggestions?
> Other than "Use a proper darkroom, ya maroon!"<
> Yea- buy a new printer ya maroon
><Snip>

I am using those MIS six-tone black ink set on my Epson Stylus Photo 750 with
different papers some of them spendy others less so.
I'm in no hurry to change everything is going hunky dory. I'd just make sure to
have some of the stuff set up for color not grayscale otherwise you are using
the black ink and not the 5 other grey inks. I'm getting exquisite results on
Luminos papers but I fool around with the Somerset Velvet or regular Epson not
so high end papers. I matched a print which I scanned on my Umax powerlookIII.
Mark Rabiner