Subject: RE: [Leica] M4-P black chrome finish problems
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:39:46 -0500

like it would be possible to strip it down with the top
> plate
> still in place by being very gentle with a medium sandpaper and a Dremel
> motor tool (on slow) for the hard to get at places.
>
> [Austin] Wouldn't you worry about getting particulate matter inside the
> body, ie, the rangefinder, or the film gate/shutter?  I'm sure that would
> destroy the camera pretty quickly, and/or make it very difficult to
use...

Austin,
Sorry I assumed that anybody would know that when you paint you have to
mask
off everything that is NOT being painted.

[Austin] I assumed that too...but my concern was that you can't mask it off
well enough to keep all particulate matter out....  I could be wrong...but
I'd sure hate to ruin one of these cameras like that...