Subject: Re: [Leica] photographing rattlesnakes in the wild
From: LawsonCL@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:48:37 EST

johnrobison@attglobal.net writes:

> As to pistol grip shotguns - I grew up in the south, and we used to carry
>  these for snakes in the swampy areas around me.  The 1968 gun control act
>  outlawed them.  It's much harder than people think to kill a snake with a
>  handgun.  Years of shooting practice are needed.

Well, mention guns and everybody goes nuts. Stating that pistol grip shotguns
are outlawed, especially by the 1968 gun control act which primarily limited
mail order sales of firearms, is as accurate as saying all Lecias are made of
cream cheese.

Pistol grip shotguns are NOT outlawed. They are still legally available at
gun shops in Colorado.

Chris Lawson