Subject: [Leica] Try it again for the first time...
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:26:15 +0100

I just looked at my first roll of Kodachrome in at least 10 years. Like
so many others, I switched to various E6 films when the turnaround time
for Kodachrome became intolerably long. Here in Switzerland it is one
week, which is about as good as it gets anywhere in Europe.

I had decided to try Kodachrome again after reading the many comments on
Erwin's web site. So, now I have just looked at 38 K64 slides on a light
table with a loupe. It is quite a revelation. At first the colours
seemed very muted compared to the Fuji films I have been shooting the
past few years, but then I realised that this film gives the more
accurate colour rendition (as evidenced  by some portraits on the roll).
But what really threw me was the impression of sharpness--far ahead of
any other film that has been in my M6 until now, with the possible
exception of Agfapan 25.

I am not saying that Kodachrome is my slide film from now on. Before
making such a decision, I need to shoot more of it, which I am in the
process of doing. At the moment I am waiting for a roll of K200 slides
to come back from Kodak in Lausanne, and in my R8 is an almost-finished
roll of K25. But I have definitely seen enough from this first roll to
conclude that there is something to the adage that Leica lenses and
Kodachrome films fit together like hand in glove.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman