Subject: [Leica] M6 vs M6TTL
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:57:46 -0800

Aside from the obvious TTL flash function, can anyone tell me the metering
advantages of the M6 TTL vs the M6 Classic. Is it true that the TTL version
can read a lower EV value? And if so, it is useful? Further, does anyone
who has either owned or used both see a big advantage -- metering or
otherwise -- to the TTL version? Also, does anyone know when they stopped
manufacturing the M6 in Wetzlar?

The reason I ask is that I've found a very good deal on a mint chrome M6
Classic. I've been holding out on a TTL version to go with my existing
black M6, but the Chrome classic is approx $500 less than the lowest price
I've ever seen on a TTL. I'm trying to decide if I should go with the
Classic or get the newer TTL.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

David