Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Image Quality in Cyber Space
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:48:35 -0700

Ken Iisaka wrote:

> An 8x10 camera, with Nikkor-Apo Macro 210mm 1:5.6 lens, and Fujichrome
> Provia, perhaps?
>
> Given it's a 1600x1200x24 jpeg, with absolutely no apparent grain, I
> seriously doubt it's 35mm.

For the heck of it, I set my M6 in a similar position, got out a
Hasselblad with 80mm lens and found that from around 4' away I could get
a very similar perspective (the Nikon photo shows about the same amount
of keystoning as I see on my Hasselblad viewscreen). This image would
nicely fill out a 35mm frame, whereas most of the 6x6 Hasselblad
negative winds up as empty space, so I guessed that the lens was a 105mm
Micro-Nikkor. I would've thought they'd use 4x5, but the apparent lack
of perspective control (unless the slight keystoning was deliberate)
made me think otherwise. Nice lighting-I want a softbox and the (drum?)
scanner that produced that digital image! The S3 unfortunately, is out
of my league ;-)
- --
"Getting by" with a Leica,

Jeff Segawa