Subject: [Leica] Re: Tri-Elmar
From: DavidS8451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:24:05 EST

Hi Kam,
I bought myself a Tri-Elmar for Christmas which I wanted to use for winter
hiking this year.  I had the same problem with the framelines that you
described.  Eventually the 28/90mm framelines never engaged at all, with the
50/75mm lines remaining in place.  I returned that lens (thanks to Pat McKee)
and received a replacement -- same problem.  In fact, after that second
Tri-Elmar, the framelines for the 28/90mm lenses would not come up at all on
my M6 with either the 90 or the 28 mounted.  That was it for me.  I returned
the Tri-Elmar and opted instead for the 35-70mm/f4 R zoom for my R6.2.  One
of these days I'll have to send the M6 to NJ for repair.
I liked the idea of the Tri-Elmar very much, and I was hoping to use it
extensively for outdoor shooting when I wanted to travel light.  But at such
a cost (I bought it new), I just couldn't stand the problems.
Be careful that you don't screw up your M6!
Dave Schaller
Newton, MA