Subject: [Leica] adapter problem with 15mm Heliar
From: DavidS8451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:21:50 EST

Hello all,
I recently picked up the Voightlander Heliar to use mostly with my M cameras.
 I've tried two aftermarket adapters but the lens does not line up at the 12
o'clock position when mounted with the adapter.  This has led to
underexposure problems of 1-2 stops!  I know this was discussed a while back,
but I can't seem to find the answer in my digests.  I tried the adapter on a
Skopar at my local camera shop, and that combination lined up at 12 o'clock
just fine.  Could it be that my lens has a flawed mount?  I would be grateful
for help from others who have had the same problem.  I remember something
about using sandpaper -- was it on the adapter or the lens?  I'm not very
mechanically adept, so I hope the solution isn't too drastic.
Since I get the digest, could you copy your replies to my personal email?
Thanks in advance.
Dave Schaller
Newton, MA
Davids8451@aol.com