Subject: [Leica] Umlauts in Email
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 22:26:59 -0500

2000-02-18-16:49:30 Robert Rose:
> (BTW, how do I represent an umlaut in e-mail?)

If the assembled company will forgive (and correct, if wrong) a
suggestion from a mere English-speaker:

If you can paste in the actual special ISO-Latin character, I suspect
that most (but not all) email clients these days will display it
correctly;  for example,

  Tübingen

Otherwise, I believe it's customary to spell it out with the following
"E", for example:

  Tuebingen

Similarly for "ß" -> "ss": Straße -> Strasse

 -Jeff M.