Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 f/1.4 ASPH vs 35 f/2 ASPH
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 08:07:31 +0100

Paul,
I have a 35 Summicron Asph and use it most on the M. To me it is more
versatile than all other lenses. I am fully satisfied with its low light
capabilities - used it at night in Cairo and got wonderful shots. Mind, that
the additional stop turns depth of field further down. So for street night
scenes you might have to stop it down anyway.

In your place I would go for the Summicron and save the money for the
75/1.4. For this focal length it seems to me very useful to have this widest
aperture.

christoph