Subject: [Leica] 35 f/1.4 ASPH vs 35 f/2 ASPH
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:18:59 -0500

If you want to take street scenes at night the f1.4 is the way to go. It is
almost up to noctilux low light potential, being wider but only 1 stop
slower, but has less vignetting and is sharper.
I was in Las Ramblas in Barcelona and the night shots amazed the people I
was with, who expected me to get nothing without flash. I took 15, 24, 35
and 90 lenses. The 35 aspherical got 80 % of the use except at the Church
of the Sacred Family, my favourite building in one of my favourite cities
where the 15 was used a lot.
cheers Frank