Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarger. Which one????
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:40:45 EST

Leitz Valoy II with the Focomat 50 mm lens would be ideal.  I still remember
the feeling almost 50 years ago when I purchased a Leitz Valoy II with
Focomat 50 mm lens for $98.00 US dollars and made my first print from a Leica
M-3 and 50 mm D-R Summicron lens.  I had been using an off brand enlarger
that cost $45.00 US dollars and the prints were muddy with no contrast nor
detail.  The first Valoy II print almost jumped off the paper!  It was a
wonderful experience and I would recommend the Valoy II with Focomat lens.