Subject: Re: [Leica] tech pan notes
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 22:18:52 EST

In a message dated 2/25/00 3:25:57 PM Central Standard Time,
christer@almqvist.net writes:

<<
 In Europe Tetenal is still selling Neofin Blau and Neofin Red in those
 quaint litte bottles. As I have a bottle or two at home, I would be very
 interested to hear how you develop Tech Pan in Neutol Blue. (I have tried
 Tech Pan in Neofin Doku, also in the same little bottles, which is what
 Tetenal recommend for Tech Pan. I still find the negatives hard). BTW, I
 got Beutler's book Meine Dunkelkammer Praxis, 2nd ed 1961 at a swap meet
 for $ 1,50 a few weeks ago.

Good evening!  I did not use enough of the "Blue" to determine what would be
the best time.  To start with "Blue," I would suggest starting with 75% of
the recommended time to determine the time to secure a contrast index of .50
to .52.  Then just increase or decrease development time to arrive at the
desired contrast index.

 Does "Meine Dunkelkammer Praxis" translate into something near "My days in
the darkroom"?   Should you run across another copy, I would very much like
to purchase it.  Willi Beutler really started the thin film with full
development using very dilute developers revolution.  Before that, developers
were used that eroded away the silver grains thus creating fuzzy images.

Although my ancestors came from Germany and Switzerland, I do not read
German, but I would like to have the book on my shelf.

Let me know if there is anything I might do to assist with the Tech Pan
project, and I will be happy to help.

Don Rorschach