Subject: Re: [Leica] newton rings on focomat 1c
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:38:44 +0000

Frederik,

When using (or for anyone thinking of buying one) a Focomat Ic it really
should be fitted with the anti-Newton glass. Because it is a slip-on fitting
(metal-rimmed) to the underside of the condenser it is easily lost (how I
don't know... but it apparently must be easy for folks to do in the dark).
I've seen many more Focomats without the anti-Newton glass than with... and
getting a spare glass is very difficult... they're like hen's teeth. I've
only ever seen one for sale in the UK for £80 ($135) about 5 years ago...
and as the Ic is probably more available on this side of the pond one would
think that there were more a-N glasses around also... but no.

Ed Buziak / Publisher
"Camera & Darkroom"

ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk

* Web site under construction *