Subject: Re: [Leica] Bangkok photographers
From: Ian Stanley <stanley@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 10:13:51 +0700

Hello john,

         Now that I think of it the only Thais I see carrying cameras are
the ones I meet up with in the camera shops.  The store in Mah Boon Krong
is still there, I was there last week, and business still seems to be good
and the stock is always changing.

         Thailand is a photographers dream and I feel very fortunate to be
living here.  Every photo I see of the King shows him with an SLR and zoom
lens but I don't know what brand he uses.  I have been to gallery showing
his work and some of it was very good indeed.  He does have special Leicas
commissioned every now and then and they are sold off at a handsome price -
the money is all used for his development projects around the country.  He
is about the only member of any royalty that I have any respect for.  He
seems to be a genuinely good man and does a lot for his country rather than
taking from it.

Ian Stanley

Bangkok, Thailand