Subject: Re: [Leica] Exposure technique
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:52:57 -0800

Timothy R. Kuntz wrote:
> I'm curious, among this group, who uses the zone system of exposure/development/printing?  Either formally or informally, color or b&w.
> Which spotmeters are good - accurate, rugged, easy to use, reliable?

Hi Tim!

     I've used the Zone System formally when I had my 8x10 gear almost
30 years ago.  Today, I use 120 and 35mm cameras.  The understanding
of the contrast/development relationship in the black and white
negative still applies to the smaller cameras.

     Previously, I had the Pentax Spotmeter.  Just recently, I've purchased
the Pentax Digital Spotmeter.  None of my cameras have built in meters,
save a Rolleiflex TLR.  I've never liked the meter in/on the camera.

     Under most shooting situations, the exposure is easy and accurately
determined by the spotmeter. Works great with black and white and color.

				Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net