Subject: Re: [Leica] Migrant Mother
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 20:40:59 -0700 (MST)

Nathan asked:
Afterwards, my wife asked me if I knew the further fate of the
migrant mother in Dorothea Lange's celebrated portrait. Is anything
known about her whereabouts in the years following the picture?

Life magazine issued a retrospective at the end of last year. That photo
was one that was in it.  Quoting the sidebar: " Her face - reproduced in
hundreds of newspapers and magazines, and recently on a postage stamp -
was known to millions. But Thompson, who died in 1983, never profited from
the photograph."
It didn't say what she did, or where she lived between those years.
Noel Charchuk

http://telusplanet.net/public/nhcharch