Subject: Re: [Leica] Favorite Color Print Films
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:35:32 +0100

Doug,

If you intend to shoot in the manner you describe, consider Fuji PJ800. I have
used it for football (soccer) shots of my son and other situations where
shutter speeds needed to be kept up, and it is brilliant.

As for developing, presumably the pro lab practices more careful process
control, you are less likely to get back scratched negatives (and if you do,
you will have a live person to yell at) etc. I develop my C41 myself these
days.

Nathan

Doug Cooper wrote, in part:

> I'm sending this to the LUG, because I intend to shoot, for the most part,
> in a Leica-like way:  hand-held, using available light, often at longish
> exposures.
>
> By the way, since I intend to pay only for the negative processing, is
> there any reason to pay the premium for a professional lab?  (If I can get
> away with cheap one-hour processing at the local drugstore, it would be
> nice.)

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman