Subject: Re: [Leica] BAD NEWS : summicron explosion
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:12:22 -0800

Which brought back memories of the time I hitched a ride out to the Pribilof
Islands (and back) in a Coast Guard Herc on a fisheries patrol along the
Aleutian chain. I didn't mind the vibrations much, because it meant the
engines were still turning. There wasn't anything worth photographing
anyway, except for the emergency pump drop onto the deck of a sinking crab
boat, and that was at night. But even the vibes from a kinder, gentler 747
can do a number on your camera---my spanking-new M6H developed a case of
shutter bounce after a 14-hour run from LA to Sydney. Now I throw some extra
padding for the M bodies into my bag before I stick it in the overhead bin,
and hope for the best.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.