Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Contax wars
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:36:36 -0800

Dan,

If you haven't read it already, find a copy of "Land of Jade" by Bertil
Lintner. It's an account of an 18-month trip, most of it on foot, from
Nagaland (in India), across northern Burma, and into Thailand from 1985 to
1987. He and his wife (who took most of the photographs while also carrying
their daughter, who was born at the beginning of the trip) encountered
nearly all of the ethnic communities that inhabit the area, as well as the
various insurgent groups that are still fighting in the border areas. I have
the first edition that was published in the late 80's, although I understand
a revised second edition came out in 1996.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.