Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: APO for B & W??
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:08:53 -0600

At 07:12 AM 29/02/2000 -0800, Doug Herr wrote:
>Without having definitive information, I suspect the multigrade filter
will improve the performance of enlarger lenses that aren't well corrected
for chromatic errors, just because the filter will reduct the intensity of
many wavelengths.

You may be right.  I'd like to see some solid proof though.

I used to use a similar trick with an old Canon FD 50/1.4, which wasn't
particularly well corrected for chromatic aberration.  An orange filter on
that lens really sharpens up the images, and I suspect it may be for the
same reason as you indicated above.