Subject: [Leica] Pre soak
From: wvl <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:21:45 -0800

> Jobo still recommends a 5 minute presoak when rotary processing, but not
> with Xtol. I don't remember why Xtol is different.

Kodak has publication J-108 that gives times for XTOL in several
dilutions for virtually all available 35 & 120 films using a roller
drum. They have already calculated the effect of continious agitation in
the tables.

Jobo suggests the pre soak in order to compensate for the increased
contrast over intermittent agitation. Jobo says soak for 5 min and then
use regular developing times. There id a faq about this on the Jobo
website

I always use the kodak times with XTOL in my patterson tank on an old
Ciba print roller.

Bill Lawlor