Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica M6 AE
From: "Peter Jon White" <PeterJonWhite@PeterWhiteCycles.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:35:51 -0500

> The Spanish magazine Foto has a photo in their February issue
> of a camera marked "Leica M6 AE" which they say will be introduced
> this year at photokina.

Since I only recently re-subscribed to the LUG, I have no idea if this has
been discussed here. I was yucking it up with another Leica photog the other
day. He said that the reason for the TTL M6 wasn't so much TTL, but to
justify the larger body that was needed to fit the electronics from the R8.
He said that the electronics for the M6 meter were no longer available from
the manufacturer and Leitz had no option but to use the R8 electronics for
the meter. Those electronics required more space, hence the larger body, and
to disguise the real reason for the larger body, they added the TTL metering
feature. Perhaps the larger body will also permit AE. Progress, yuk.

Peter Jon White
Peter White Cycles
666 Mass Ave
Acton, MA 01720
978 635 0969 Voice
978 929 9654 Fax
http://www.PeterWhiteCycles.com
mailto:Peter@PeterWhiteCycles.com

"Legislators and revolutionaries who promise equality and liberty at the
same time, are either psychopaths or mountebanks."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

http://www.antiwar.com
http://www.mises.org