Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading LTM
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 17:15:47 -0500

At 03:18 PM 3/2/2000 -0500, steve lehuray wrote:
>I am not sure what ya'all are talking about. The standard Kodak, Ilford film
>leader coming out of a cassette is already trimmed and i see no point in
>trimming it any more for loading my 111G. I have never had a problem.

Wrong.  The leader is "trimmed short".  Leica thread-mount cameras are
designed to have a long leader to avoid that inner corner of the film from
shredding to the camera's innards.  Read any of the Morgan and Morgan books
for a technical explanation.  That it hasn't happened YET doesn't mean you
aren't going to fry your IIIg terminally the next time you use it improperly.

Leica put out really severe warnings on this, thirty and forty years back.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!