Subject: [Leica] Doing C-41 At Home
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 19:15:36 -0500

At 02:34 PM 3/2/2000 -0800, Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com wrote:

>What kit/chemicals are you using? Is temperature critical? Is this
feasible in
>regular tanks or is a processor a must?

I am old enough to have learned the lore of C-41 from the late and lamented
Zone V in Massachussetts, before repetitive marital struggles put paid to
them.  I use their formulae, with Photographers Formulary chemistry.

It is simple, and temperature control within five or ten degrees fahrenheit
is sufficient, though I do try to be more aware and observant.  But compare
this with Ilfochrome!  An easier process, and the colour balance problem
evaporates.  But putting slides to paper does have contrast woes,
especially with <yuk!> Fuzzy chromes.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!