Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V16 #1
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 14:34:38 -0800

>Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:35:32 +0100
>From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Favorite Color Print Films

>you will have a live person to yell at) etc. I develop my C41 myself these

Nathan (or anybody who does it),

tell me more about the home C41 developing. I'm thinking about 'playing' with
some color negative films again and as I'm used to doing my own B&W processing
I'm a bit paranoid to give my negs to a mini lab. I did have it done a few years
back, but there was a good and reasonably priced (and conveniently located) pro
lab here in Seattle that is gone now and I'm hard pressed to find a replacement.

What kit/chemicals are you using? Is temperature critical? Is this feasible in
regular tanks or is a processor a must?

As far as film goes, I used to have good results with Ektapress 400, but as
Kodak says on their web site, it is to be replaced by Supra films. Somehow, I
did not like Fuji's offerings but I might try the new Superia films, the ones
with 4th layer like Reala.

Thanks.

Jiri D.