Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: 35/1.4 ASPH hood
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 21:21:06 +0000

 Neil Frankish wrote:
>From listening to all the discussions on this, I  can't recognise the hood
>on my own 35 1.4 ASPH. Compared to my 28 2.8 and pictures of the 35 2 ASPH,
>my hood is very primative - there is no ring to turn - it pushes on and
>clicks - depress  cut-out sections to pull it off. The hood cover is of the
>same thin plastic - unclip the bottom and slide the cover upwards off the
>hood - at can't fall off. A different version?

I suspect that there are at least two versions. I was offered a 35 summilux
asph some years back and the hood was a fiddly attachment to the lens - no
ring to turn. It even wobbles a little when fitted. I currently have the
latest lens and the hood has a ring which, when turn about 10 degrees, will
securely fasten the hood on the lens.

Dan K.

              One does not have to be blind in order to see.