Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Horror Stories
From: "Izaidin bin Mohd Zahari" <izzy@ppp.nasionet.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 00:43:25 +0800

Jerry.

I was once doing a wee bit of mountain climbing on a near vertical rock face and
tried to reach out to one of the ropes on the other side. I  swayed too much
slipped and whacked full force straight onto the rock face with my 50 Summicron
and my 68kg bulk .Lens caps was off and the plastic hood suffered major cardiac
trauma while the front element had a large ugly  piece of quartz rock about the
size of a groundnut lodged in it. Wouldn't budge and wedged solid in the front
element.  I later finished off the roll of tri-x and the pics turned out just
fine as far as I can tell. Had to send it back to Solms for overhaul (tuning and
helicoid damage) though.

Izzy (lurker)