Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Lens cleaner
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:00:38 -0800

ROR is a well established product and does indeed clean a lens. The smell of
ammonia bothers me.

ClearSight, the cleaner I make with a friend (his formula) contains no
ammonia nor any other toxic agent. It uses three active ingredients, a
surfactant, an emulsifier and a protecting agent. It does not streak,
evaporate during use or leave residue.
I have used it for the last two years on my Leica, Zeiss, and Canon optics
as well as on my eye and sun glasses and have been impressed from the
beginning. It leaves the surfaces gleaming with no danger of  damage to the
coatings.

Unlike ROR, I will not claim that upon using  ClearSight your lens will gain
up to one full stop of light transmission.

Selling ClearSight on a retail basis (advertising, shipping, billing, etc.)
may be too much. I am retired and would like to enjoy life instead. But am
intrigued by the idea and will try mainly to supply it on a wholesale basis
to optical shops and retail outlets. B&H is interested. Since I truly
believe in this product, I thought that LUG members would be interested as
well.

By the way, Zeiss also markets its own cleaner. It is sold locally but I
have not tried it yet.

Joseph