Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Loading LTMs
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 12:00:44 -0800

>At 09:24 AM 3/3/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>>How short is short?  I have a IIIc and have not loaded yet.
>
>LTM cameras require a leader of approximately three or four inches.  I clip
>by eye and have never had a problem.  I simply don't see what the problem
>is for others, but it does seem to be a block to a lot of folks.
>
>Marc

:

i always trim 13 holes inward.

here's my m.o.:

- - fire the shutter before removing bottom plate
- - trim the film leader thirteen sprocket holes inward
- - stick film end into the spindle
- - load the film into the camera
- - close the bottom
- - pull up rewind knob
- - rewind slack
- - (with knob still up) wind on the shutter
- - (with knob still up) fire shutter and wind on
- - repeat
- - collapse the rewind knob
- - reset the film counter

works every time. never misloads.