Subject: Re: [Leica] Silly question
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 12:58:17 -0500

Mike Johnston wrote:

So now that we've got our lenses cleaned just so and just the right
strap of just the right length on the camera, are we going to go out and
take pictures?

Just wondering.

P.S. ;-)
<<<

Not until we decide what kind of tripod to use, whether or not we should
use a UV filter, if so what kind of coating the filter should have,
determine if the spectral sensitivity of our films matches the lens'
optimum wavelength, decide whether Eggleston's photos make any sense, and
choose between Kodachrome or an E6 film.

Sheesh!  It's a beautiful day here in Sacramento.  I've got a soccer game
in an hour; everyone else GO OUTSIDE AND TAKE SOME PICTURES!  I don't care
what kind of photos you make or how you choose to make 'em - most of us are
on this list because we have some of the finest 35mm cameras the world has
known.  They're worthless if you don't use 'em.

Doug Herr
Sacramento