Subject: [Leica] Why not go semi-automatic?
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 23:06:23 -0500

Hugh Thompson wrote:

 It would seem logical that
Leica would recognise the conservatism of its devoted M-system following,
and make a small move towards automation and ease of use, by developing an
aperture priority M body, along the lines of the Konica, but with a
stepless
shutter speed.  I am not sure whether the RF is stepless, but for Leica M
users, who demand the precision, it should be a fundamental design
requirement, and, from the comments on the LUG by people who already have
seen and are beginning to use the RF, such a move is what the market wants.

Would appreciate your comments
<<<

I consider the stepless manual shutter speeds of the Leicaflex a real
benefit, much more than the automation of newer cameras.  The half-stop
increments of the R7 and R8 in manual mode are pretty good, but the
stepless shutter of the Leicaflex combined with manual metering gives me
better results than automatic.

Doug Herr
Sacramento