Subject: Re: [Leica] Will your next Leica camera be a FUJI
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 18:30:22 -0500

At 12:25 PM 3/5/2000 -0800, Bill wrote:
>As we all know, Leica has three main problems:
>
>1)  They need to modernize the M6 with auto exposure, DX film coding,
>etc. and have it ready for Photokina this year.
>
>2)  They need to add new items, to bring a little excitement their
>ageing product line.
>
>3)  They need to do something about the Sales & Marketing department.
>(I suggested a firing squad to Herr Cohn, but he didn't like that
>idea...too messy).

Well, we ALL don't know any of these things.  I certainly disagree with
your analysis.

a)	They might well lose their core market if they do any monkeying with the
M6.
b)	They have introduced more new lenses in the past decade than any time
since the early 1930's.  All these ASPH's and APO's have made the Leica M
the most exciting lens-line currently being made.
c)	Marketing could use some tweaking, but much more on the R side than on
the M side.  It is not a critical problem.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!