Subject: [Leica] BF BZ
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 23:05:07 +0000

Bob Figlio: >>>These "subjective" quality ratings really do not tell me
too much except that the reviewer's impressions led to him conclude that
the two lenses perform very similarly.  When I tested Olympus and Leica
lenses, the major observation of particular significance to me was the
color cast in shadow areas - much more blue and blank with the Olympus
lens. The Leica lenses had a richer, more differentiated color rendition
in the difficult darker areas  of the slide (Kodachrome 25)<<<

Bob,
Ah, spoken like a man who will not be taken in by lens tests...Bravo
Zulu...

- --Mike