Subject: [Leica] Re:50mm f1.5 Nokton question
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 17:40:52 -0800

John,

>>Going up one stop from the summicron is something I want to
do as I shoot wide all the time(metaphorically speaking). If I am willing
go a 1/3 stop less, as a 1/3 of a stop is "meaningless", it is only 2/3 of
stop more than the summicron. Silly reasoning but there it is. I do know I
need that extra stop and I want all of it that I can get.<<

I looked at the Nokton. I haven't used one yet. I was intrigued by the fact
that it's (significantly) bigger than my 50/1.4 Summilux M, but it weighs
about the same as my 50/2 DR Summicron. I'm a fan of small lenses. In fact,
that 25 Skopar looks interesting just because it's so small. Somebody wore
their thinking cap when they designed that lens, and the 15 Heliar. I
wonder if they're ever going to be make either in Leica BM.

David.