Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V16 #20
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:47:19 -0800

Doug,

>>If my memory hasn't failed completely, you're using the 400mm f/5.6 with
Televit, yes?<<

Yes, and it's sad that they only make that configuration for 2-years. It is
a very nifty setup.

>>Have you thought much about why the success rate was so much better with
the R7/Telyt than with the EOS/L?<<

I'll just summarize the lengthy post I sent you off line. With AF I took
many shortcuts. I relied on AF and motor drive to get the shot, rather than
my own sense of timing. I burned more film and got fewer good shots.

When I used the R7, I knew that I might only have one shot at a play. I
concentrated more. I had to anticipate. I was much more in tune with
everything.

David