Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V16 #20
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:08:21 -0500 (EST)

David wrote:

>Fully tightened my Heliar is about
about one-eight inch from top dead center.

I had the same problem.  After tightening it a few times (rather tightly),
it now sits dead center.  By the way, *don't* judge the centering by the
dot -- even it isn't centered properly over the shade.  Just make sure
that the shade is sitting squarely.  (I applied a very small amount of
vaseline to the screw mount, as well -- seems to have helped.  I
stress:  *very small.*)

Douglas Cooper