Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica in Vietnam
From: rnkramer@mindspring.com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 00:27:38 -0500

Yesterday I went to see the Requiem exhibit of photographs taken by
photographers who died in Vietnam .   What an incredible exhibit!   Being
the same age as my M3  I was familiar with a fair number of the images, but
it was a whole new experience to see actual prints instead of reproductions
in a magazine or book.  Really, really great stuff!

And of course being the Leica nut that I am, I paid particular attention to
who used Leicas.  Dickey Chapelle, Kyoichi Sawada, Larry Burrows all were
shown with their M3's.  I believe Sawada won a Pulitzer Prize for his work,
right?  The knob rewind sure didn't seem to be a problem for any of these
photographers!

Bob Kramer
Atlanta, GA