Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica made in Germany
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 20:10:44 +0100

Pascal-
Good guess.  I snipped the words of Mr. Ehmes.  He continued, "Since there
is stock, the R8s we complete here will be on the market some time later."
He also says, "We put 'made in Portugal' on the Geovits and compact
binoculars we complete here, but it seems hard to imagine 'made in Portugal'
on the M cameras.  I, as a head of Leica Portugal, always tell Solms 'We can
do it. So leave it to us.'  I must admit that M is a camera with images of
history and tradition, but I would like to emphasize the same level of
quality in the factories in Portugal and Germany."

His comments suggest that R8 will be 'made in Portugal' before long.

Mikiro