Subject: [Leica] disturbed poster on list
From: "Douglas McLernon" <dhwsmc@eircom.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 21:41:09 -0000

As has been observed some seriously disturbed person seems to have assumed
the identity of various well know personalities on the LUG to the extend
that they are ridding favourite individual hobby horses to rude, crude
extremes beyond the level of just poor  taste. I don't know what can be done
about it other than notify the "free" mail servers of the "personation" ( an
Irish word used for impostors at  Irish elections) but it is unlikely they
registered with their own identity. I believe the servers used could trace
the routing of these obnoxious e-mails if requested to do so by our server.
There is nothing wrong with Hot Mail, Yahoo or any of the other internet
e-mail addresses. They are useful when travelling to pick up friends
directed mail from any available site.