Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica and the digital future
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:51:34 -0000

Pascal,
I was talking to someone this lunchtime about why it should be that digital
camera design should have pursued cramming more pixels onto small chips,
rather than enlarging the chips up the size of 35mm frames, thereby
facilitating the union of the two technologies.
The reply was that the manufacture of large chips is a most complex and
difficult one, whether this will ever be overcome, I've no idea.

Perhaps Jim (Brick) can give us some insight here?

Jim, (or others) are we ever likely to see 24x36mm chips sitting in the back
of our (by then) old 35mm cameras? I recall there was one American (?)
outfit who touted this idea and from whom we've heard very little of late.

regards,
Jem