Subject: Re: [Leica] enlarging lens
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:44:03 +0000

Mark,

Here's the poop from the latest (1993!) brochure (I have one spare copy I
can air-mail if you really need to study it before making a decision)...

El-Nikkor             50mm f/2.8            63mm f/2.8
Focal length           52mm                  62.9mm
Min f/stop             f/16                  f/16
Construction           4/6                    4/6
Std magnification       8x                    8x
Usable mag. range      2x-20x                2x-20x
Covering power          41 deg               43 deg
Original size        43.2mm diameter         55.2mm dia
Format size          24x36mm                32x45mm
Weight                105 gms                120 gms
Length                39mm                    42.5mm
Diameter              51mm                    51mm

The 63mm was originally intended for slide duplicating rigs... the extra
focal length gives 1:1 with mounted slides ccropping the edges of the
mounts.

BTW: I use the 63mm for 35mm enlarging... Mike J prefers the 50mm... as you
can see we still have our little differences *-)

Cheers,

Ed Buziak / Publisher
"Camera & Darkroom"

ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk