Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Digital Future the Fuji S1
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 20:45:01 +0800

Dear LUGGERS
Here from Imaging News (http://members.tripod.co.uk/digitalnews/page2.html)
is info on the Fuji S1 Pro. I think producing this camera with a Leica R
mount (and M mount too if possible) would be an excellent extension of the
Leica / Fuji cooperation. If they make enough of them of course the price
will also come down - into the Leica range we are all used to. :)
>Fuji Trumps Everyone..
>- Las Vegas, Nevada - Fuji Photo Film U.S.A. Inc. today announces the new
Fujifilm FinePix S1 Pro  Digital Camera, the first digital SLR camera
incorporating Fujifilm's new Super CCD image sensor technology The FinePix
S1 Pro has a 1.1 inch Super CCD sensor that delivers a 6.1 million pixels
(3040 x 2016) image. It uses a Nikon F lens mount and has continuous
shooting of approximately 1.5 frames/second up to five frames, adjustable
ISO equivalents of 320/400/800/1600, a shutter speed of 30 to 1/2000 second
and compatibility with SmartMedia (up to 64MB), CompactFlash (Card Type II)
and the IBM microdrive. The FinePix S1 will ship in the first half of the
year at a price "under $4,000."

I wonder if there is any chance of seeing a Leica model of the S1 at the
autumn camera shows. Makes one think, Hmmmm?
Cheers
Howard Cummer.