Subject: [Leica] Harvey's Cuba & Ciba
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 09:01:24 +0000

>>>What surprised me was that, according to the guy in the gallery,
everything was shot on slide, then 8x10 color inter negatives were made
from the slides, and the prints were made from the internegs. The prints
looked great but I would never figure that one out! Why not print the
slides on Ilfochrome (Ciba) in the first place? Contrast control?<<<

The prints look better. Sometimes it's best not to overthink this
stuff--it's still a matter of making what looks good in the end.

Sorry if this sounds peremptory. I don't mean it that way. I'm serious.

- --Mike